As governments, businesses, families, and individuals adapt to the changing global economy in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we share five key takeaways to keeping your business humming along.
1. Open lines of communication – while many adjust to working remotely, it is imperative that we keep our phone lines open and check our email regularly. Whether it be colleagues or clients, a friendly phone call or email can go a long way to checking in with everyone.
2. Checklists – we may remember our chore to do lists from childhood and they are incredibly helpful for the workplace. Having a clear set of tasks to complete help to keep everyone focused.
3. Stress management – checklists help for some, but for others it might be taking a walk or just taking some deep breaths. Whatever your preferred stress management tools are, make sure you use them, especially as there are additional stressors in the news, with working remotely, and much more.
4. Having a plan in place – For most of us, this is the first time we’ve experienced a pandemic. We’re seeing many corporations unveil their COVID-19 responses in a variety of ways with varying degrees of success. We all have the opportunity to reflect on these response roll outs and to plan for situations in which we must shelter in place again.
5. Wash your hands – this one is pretty straightforward. Washing our hands is one of the easiest things we can do, so let’s all help out.